Cook, Trott, Cook, Trott – we’re just starting to get the hang of writing about the England Test team when Alastair Cook spazzes one straight up in the air on 96. The idiot.
Now what have we got? A load of half stories, that’s what.
- Alastair Cook scores most of a hundred.
- Ian Bell shows resilience. For a bit.
- Eoin Morgan plays as if he’s going to score a hundred, but falls ’21 runs short’ according to Nick Knight.
- Matt Prior looks fiery, but hasn’t finished.
- Kevin Pietersen gets out for ball-all, but to a quick bowler, not a left-arm spinner.
Rubbish. What are we supposed to make out of that? Even 342-6 isn’t particularly dominant in the modern day. No story there.
The sooner England get bowled out and bring out their trio of ganglatrons, the better. We know where we are then.