You know Dan Liebke who we did The Ridiculous Ashes pieces with this summer? Dan’s released a trial issue of a digital comedy cricket magazine. (He’s calling it a digicomecrickezine because he’s Dan.)
It’s called Plumb! and the big thing with Plumb! is that it’s themed. The trial issue is all about all-rounders. We’ve done one-and-a-half fairly sizeable articles for it. We’ve done a piece looking at whether Andrew Flintoff was England’s most fun all-rounder and we’ve also debated and picked an entire All-Rounder XI with Dan. (The best part of this was picking the wicketkeeper.)
Some of the stuff you can expect to find:
- Where were you when you first had to google ‘Hilton Cartwright’?
- An interview with the Czech who’s on Vinoo Mankad’s side
- An excerpt from Perry-Fection, the (fake) autobiography of Ellyse Perry
- Characters from the Swashbucklers and Spellcasters Fantasy Cricket RPG
- A cryptic crossword (which reminds us that we’ve got one of those in our inbox to get onto this site at some point soon)
There’s also a stock photography joke that is so good we’re hoping Dan makes *just* enough to justify doing further issues but not enough to invest heavily in imagery.
You can buy the trial issue from the website. It costs $4 (USD) whatever the hell that amounts to this week.
If you find yourself somewhere on the confident/generous continuum on this thing, you can also subscribe for possible future editions via a Plumb! Patreon campaign.