Let’s do a match preview like proper cricket websites do.
Except for the fact that most of the headings are longer than the sections they relate to, we think we’ve done this right…
1. Jason Roy will ‘show intent’ but won’t get all that many runs
We hope he does though. We like a straight six and Jason Roy hits straight sixes.
2. Nasser Hussain will say “[player name] on the charge”
Not really relevant because most of you won’t be able to hear him on account of Sky TV being really expensive/immoral. Just imagine him saying it as soon as someone hits more than one boundary in an over though and you won’t miss out.
3. Mitchell Starc will york someone
It’s infuriating that Starc’s Australian. We have to confess that we slightly love his bowling.
4. Moeen Ali will unfurl an expansive drive at a wide one and miss
Pretty self explanatory, this one.
5. Moeen Ali will unfurl an expansive drive at a wide one and cream the ball to the boundary
And in so doing look like he could never, ever miss the ball in a million years.
6. Glenn Maxwell will play the ugliest non-shot you have ever seen in your life
And it will go for four.